Surgery for me

I have been putting off surgery for the past four years on my right arm. I couldn't do the surgery if I was pregnant, nursing, or without Caleb at home. Now that he is working in town again, I booked myself a nice little arm cutting session. Here is my uncut wrist before surgery. You can see the lump from the cyst kind of, trust me, it's in there.


Carpal Tunnel Release-  (right side only for now) Incision in the palm of my hand. This will stop my hand from cramping whenever I paint, knit, write, type, or hold my kids. I also will hopefully stop dropping things all the time and finally be able to open a jar on my own.

Ulnar Nerve Release- incision at my elbow to stop my ring and pinky finger from going numb and hurting if anything touches my elbow.

Ganglion Cyst Removal- the doctors always told me that my cyst was not causing my arm pain and it was related to the two issues above. I knew I had direct pressure at my cyst and it drove me crazy. It wasn't until after my surgery that the surgeon admits that my cyst was big and wrapped all around my nerve and that it probably was a problem.

My recovery has been boring. Lots of good books that I finally got to read. I also took a lot of naps. I also did things I wasn't suppose to and my hand swelling has been out of control for that very reason. I try to be good, but I am just not an idle person. Here is my set up. I have an ice machine that keeps pumping cold water on my swollen arm that feels like FIRE. I have some Diet Dr Pepper on ice (thanks to my distributor Jenn who is a dear friend). My iPad that I have books. And no makeup or bra since I have one bloody arm.

 My kids love to come lay in bed with me and take naps, watch annoying kid movies on Netflix, and crawl all over me. They are the best!

 Here is my annoying bandage that I made Caleb re-do about four times. I didn't like the wrap, it was too tight and it itched. And I got it wet a few times. He was very nice to help me but I was glad after 10 days when I got it off.
I am going back to work in four more days. I am working on typing now with my right wrist. I am also trying to brush my hair and apply makeup. I can't hold much of anything in my hand yet, but hopefully I will keep improving. 

The best part of surgery? My family and friends as always. Dinner deliveries, friends who come fold my laundry, clean my kitchen, and make me cookies. I cannot ask for better friends. My family is always quick to show up and entertain my kids and I hope that I return the favor. I always appreciate my friends and family more when I need them and don't even have to ask. They just show up and get to action. I hope everyone has support like that and I hope I return it!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calvin had a bad day

Updates

Thanksgiving 2022