Fever

On Sept 25, I got a fever of 101. They told me that if I got a fever over 100, I had to go into the hospital immediately. I was at very high risk of infection and my life would be in danger. I called Rhoda, she came and got me, and we went in.


They took me to labor and delivery. They said I had to deliver the baby. I was at too much risk. I asked how they knew I had an infection, what if I was just sick? I told them Caleb had not been feeling well and maybe he just got me sick. They said the would run some tests, they drew lots of blood, and they would call Dr. Jason.


They put me in a delivery room, gave me lots of Tylenol and said I would have to deliver in the next day. They got blood work back and my white blood cells were going up. They drew them days before and they were normal, and now they were high. All signs pointed to infection and I wasn't safe.


They did another ultrasound and the baby looked the same. He was still alive, really low fluid, and that was about all they could tell me.


I got a blessing, Caleb, Trevor and Rhoda were all there. I just still couldn't believe I was going to be forced to deliver this baby.


Dr. Jason said to wait, he didn't think I needed to deliver right away. He said to wait for the cultures to come back to confirm infection, and keep watching the white blood cells.


A day later, the white blood cells went down, and my fever broke.


The next day, they let me go home. Again, with strong warnings about my life, and what signs to look for. But once again, I escaped without delivery, and this baby was a few days older. I would take every day I could get at this point.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calvin had a bad day

Updates

Thanksgiving 2022