Happy Birthday to ME!

I am officially 33 years old now! I actually thought I was 34 this past week, and I was happy to do the math finally and realize I am not. How can I seriously forget how old I am? My sister and I are the same age for a week every year and this is always my favorite week. When we were kids I would torture her this week. I would play with her and all her friends because I was the same age, so I could play with the "older and more mature girls". Oh, how she hated me! Now, I just keep thinking I am always the same age as her.

Caleb travels during the week every week, so my birthday was going to be a lonely one. Caleb went to Las Vegas the week before, and I got to see him for about 8 hours on Sunday, and about 4 minutes on Monday before he left. He did manage to make me cards and still be the thoughtful man that I married. I am not big on presents. I would much rather give them away than to receive them myself. So I always ask for something thoughtful, that doesn't cost a lot of money. Caleb makes me things most years and this year was no different.

On my actual birthday my sister kidnapped me and my kids. She picked up my kids and took them to my mom's house. Then they made me dinner, dessert, gave my kids a bath, and let me lay around and be lazy. I had to work all day, so it was a short but fun night. Caleb and I celebrated the weekend together and extended my birthday to a birthweek. I love my hubby, my kids, my sister, my parents, and all of my friends who took the time to wish me a happy day. The thought means a lot to me and I am glad that I am older.

Here are pictures left from the card that Caleb and the kids made me. You can see that it took Caleb a few tries before he got a good shot. I would have loved to be there to see Caleb jumping around trying to get them to look at the camera, smile, and hold the sign. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updates

Calvin had a bad day