Easter 2011

This year we went to my parents house for our Easter celebration. My sister came out with her kids and my brother Roger was there with his fiance Angela. We had homemade rolls, ham, salad, potatoes, and green beans. For dessert we kept it light with some cookies and awesome mint brownies.

My mother got each of the kids a book and some marshmallow candy thing. The kids each loved their book. She personalized each of them for all her grandkids. 

 We tried to get a family picture, but the kids just wanted to get down and keep playing.
 Great Grandma Letha made some hats for my kids. As you can see, their heads are far too wide, and not quite tall enough to fit. It sure was funny stretching that hat to get it over Calvin's big head. Silly boy.

 The highlight each Easter is the egg hunt. Between rain showers, Caleb and Logan ran outside and hid the eggs. We thought that Shelby wouldn't remember from last year so we gave her and Kenady a head start. That wasn't really necessary because it took each of them one egg and they were off to the races.
 Shelby loaded up on candy before I knew what was going on. Her dad spoils her and let her fill both cheeks before I caught on. She was bouncing off the walls in no time.

 Shelby wanted to wear the bag around her neck. Maybe so she could run faster and use both hands, I am not really sure. But as she ran, her knees knocked against all the eggs in her bag and that made her laugh. She had lots of candy and coins from Granny.

Best buds, Kenady and Shelby 
Shelby loaded up on candy with her dad. She had both cheeks full and was reaching for more before I found them. She was bouncing off the walls the rest of the night.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updates

Calvin had a bad day