Meds aren't going as planned

I've gone in for ultrasounds every other day for the last week. My stomach feels huge, is very bruised, but my eggs aren't growing as much as they hoped. So they doubled the Follistim dose to 300 instead of 150. I am also taking Ganirelix now too in the morning. It's pretty interesting getting shots every morning and going to work. I'm trying to find stretch pants and sometimes they even feel too tight. They were hoping that I would trigger sooner and the egg retrieval would be on Monday 3/27, but the little eggs aren't growing as fast, so they are adding more days. Every day that I extend the shots costs us $1,000. Obviously when you get this far into it, you wouldn't wan to stop for that. But now I know why the range is so spread out on cost. You don't know if it will happen sooner, or later, and every time they double the dose, it's more money. And more fluid I have to be injected with. Boo. Hoping my eggs get the message and start growing so we can trigger soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calvin had a bad day

Updates

Thanksgiving 2022