Boston

I have never been to Boston and had the opportunity to go for a few days. It was a quick trip but I got to do some amazing things on my bucket list.

I stayed in the Liberty Hotel, which is amazing! It was a jail that has been renovated. It was breathtaking and a site just in itself. It was walking distance to everything I wanted to do and inside the hotel I took a tour to see it all. There are still jail cell doors, bars on the windows, and plaques about the prisoners who were booked there. Seriously amazing, you have to check it out.



Next up, was shopping at Newbury. It was only a mile from my hotel and all the buildings on the way there were amazing. I didn't know what to be more excited about, the history and architecture, or all the shopping!



I also got to run on the Boston Marathon route. I ran over the finish line and around all the bridges. So gorgeous. I wore my Boston Marathon shirt that I got in Oregon like a big tourist dork. Loved it! Maybe someday I will qualify to run the race for real!


Then I went to the Freedom Trail. I was too late to see some of the sites, but I did get to see the town. There were 42 authentic Italian restaurants in a square mile. The streets smelled like heaven. The roads are mapped out so crazy, that you can't really tell where you are. Easy to get lost, but there's so much to see that I didn't mind at all.

I also got to go on a tourist trolley ride. It was really cool because I learned a lot about Boston that I wouldn't have known. Such a great place and somewhere I am definitely coming back to. Here is where Julia Child bought her meat. Too bad she wasn't here to cook something for me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updates

Calvin had a bad day