Road trip to Utah

My Uncle Gordon got married this last weekend in Utah and we decided to drive over to see it happen. We are so happy for Gordon and his new bride Cherise. We love to spend time with our family and help out where we can. We stayed all over the place and went to Logan, Spanish Fork and other places. The drive there started at 5:45 am on Thursday morning. The kids did great the whole time in the car. We stopped at some parks and let them run around and we tried to let them stretch their legs as much as we could. Thank goodness for portable DVD players or it would have been much worse. Caleb and I listened to books on cd, and found some really good ones.


We got to Utah at 10 pm that night. We hit major road construction the last couple of hours. The kids started to have melt downs around 8 pm. I got car sick from trying to entertain them. Calvin pooped through all his clothes around 9 pm and we couldn't pull over to stop. There was a police car going 10 mph on the freeway and nobody could go around him and the shoulder was closed. All the side streets and exits were backed up with people trying to get off the freeway. So I broke my own rule and got him out of the car seat while driving and changed him. It was disgusting and not safe. I make my kids stay buckled at all times. If you've ever seen a presentation by "Trauma Nurses Talk Tough", then you would too.

On the way back home Caleb and I decided to drive all night so our kids wouldn't be so bored. We left at 5 pm on Sunday night and we got home at 4:30 am the next morning. Talk about shaving some major time off our trip! It was amazing. Caleb and I had fun driving at night, listening to our book on cd, and just hanging out. I'm so grateful for a husband that I love to spend time with. Caleb helped decorate my uncles wedding, watched the kids while I shopped with my cousins, got up at night with the kids and helped them sleep in a new strange house, and drove almost the entire way back and forth. I'm feeling pretty lucky!

Here is Shelby in her cousins outfit and with her doll. It was hard to get that off her. She slept in it all night long with that doll right next to her.
Bath time with cousins. It was pretty tight getting them all in there, but they had the best time. Jessica's three boys and my two kids. This is what family is all about!

Comments

Jenn Mize said…
5:45am to 10:00pm? Um, around 4:30 I would have FREAKED out! I do not travel well. Oh well, sounds like the kids did REMARKABLY well considering their circumstances. Glad you guys had so much fun. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Calvin had a bad day

Updates

Thanksgiving 2022