Happy Fathers Day

I love the chance to spoil my husband. Every year it's fun to think of what I can do at the last minute to make his day special. This year was no different. I like to make him a nice meal, get him some small gifts, and just treat him to a special day. This year he got to take a nap, eat great food, and his kids were especially kind. For mothers day I was sick, so he basically kept the kids away and quiet so that I could rest. It was all I wanted and he was very kind about it. But that's not how these holidays are suppose to go. I'm not into the crazy gifts or even $7 cards that Safeway was trying to get me to buy. We just went to the basics of time, kindness, and special attention.

Shelby sat on Caleb's lap almost all day and wanted him to hold her. She always says, "I hold you", when she wants him to hold her. She gave him extra kisses, laughed extra hard at his games, and kept following him around all day. She even took a nice long nap so we could watch a movie together. I am pretty sure she doesn't know what fathers day is, but she did a good job anyway.

Calvin decided to trump us all  for his fathers day gift. He started walking!! Technically he took one step the night before, to Caleb. But I was at the store getting strawberry shortcake for my dad and missed it. Just one step and only one witness. So I like to count fathers day as the official step day. Calvin was hanging on to the ottoman, turned, laughed hysterically at himself as he stumbled three steps out to Caleb's knee. Caleb grabbed him and turned him to me and he took about five more steps. We were so excited and so was Calvin. He's very pleased with himself. However, he basically refuses to do it anymore. He does one or two steps every few hours, and then gets down and crawls.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calvin had a bad day

Updates

Thanksgiving 2022