Portland Marathon

I decided to try running another full marathon for the second time in my life. The first time I nearly killed myself by the end. I ran it too fast and I could hardly walk for a week. I swore to myself that I would NEVER run another full marathon again. 26.2 miles is kind of far, right?

Two years later, what do I do? I signed up for it again. It's like child birth, the longer you wait between, the easier it sounds.

I ran the marathon this year with two of my co-workers Bill and Claudia. We had been training for months. Bill was on my Cascade Lakes Relay team and my Hood to Coast relay team this summer. Claudia and I have run together for years now and she is always very fast and pushes me more than I could ever do on my own.

The weather was perfect this year. We allowed ourselves to stop for bathroom breaks (all four because of me), pictures, changed our socks, drank as much water as we could stomach, and we will finished in 4 hours and 38 minutes.

Here are some pictures that capture the fun. It's so much better to run with good friends, at a pace you can handle, and when family stops to see you. My mom, Shelby, and Caleb met us three times along the way with goodies. I have such a great family.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calvin had a bad day

Updates