Christmas Day 2014

Christmas is finally here! I don't know if I have ever been as excited to count down to Christmas as I have been this year. Maybe it's the impending birth of this little boy that I've been growing, but I am just as excited as the kids to mark every day off the calendar.

Christmas Eve we had the Coombs over for Christmas. They are usually in Utah but Eric just had a shoulder replacement so he was not traveling. It was really cool having them here and celebrating. We ate lots of food and then we opened gifts and read books. The Coombs are known for their thoughtful gifts. They always ask what the kids want and go out of their way to get a perfect gift. This year was no exception!

Shelby got a nutcracker and a full ballet costume. She was in heaven and put on an amazing dance party for us!


Calvin got a really cool grader that he has not stopped playing with. All the parts on it move and he dumps out all sorts of stuff just so he can push it around. When he opened the gift he said "I always wanted this".
 
Shelby read her new book to Grandma after. Grandma is such a good teacher.


Christmas eve was a late night for the kids. We put them to bed and then I forgot they didn't open their Christmas pajamas yet. So we got them out of bed, and they opened them and changed their clothes. Then I realized we forgot the cookies and milk for Santa. So I woke them up again and we came upstairs and got it ready. They finally got to sleep and Caleb and I realized we didn't have batteries for their toys. So he drove all over Salem and nothing was open!

Christmas morning Shelby woke up first. She came running into my room and said "Santa was here". I told her to lay down until Calvin woke up and she went right back to sleep in my bed. I couldn't sleep anyway, so it was nice to snuggle with her. Calvin woke up two hours later and said "Santa didn't come".  Shelby ran into the kitchen and showed him that Santa did eat some of the cookies, just not all of them, but he drank all the egg nog. So then he was more relieved.

Their Santa gifts were hiding on the couch under a blanket. Calvin got a train and a scooter. Shelby got a fish tank that she saw on TV and an art kit.



 Later on Christmas we had my family over. My parents, Rhoda's whole family, Ryan and his girlfriend Brandy, and Roger's family. The house was full and the kids were in heaven. We ate, opened presents, played games, watched terrible Christmas movies on TV. It was so much fun. The house was destroyed afterwards and it was worth it! Luckily my family all stayed and cleaned up so I didn't have to do much.








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calvin had a bad day

Updates