Handy Hubby

Caleb and I are getting some house guests for almost two months and we needed to make some room. Our house is plenty big, but we need to use every square inch to fit my sisters family of 7. They sold their house and bought a fixer-upper (major job here people), and we are going to have them stay with us as they get a rental situation figured out until their new-old house is ready.

We have a room downstairs with no closet or window, so it counts as an office and we use it for a playroom. This is now my sister and her husbands room, so Caleb built them a nice walk-in closet. There used to be a door that opened to storage under the house. The storage was just black plastic and I hated it. I stored all my Christmas decorations and kids clothes down here and it was so disorganized and nasty.

We started with building the closet. Then went on to build storage for under the house. What used to be a pile of mess, is now an organized system that I love!!

This is the room and the door that used to go to nasty storage.


This is the nasty storage area that I didn't like crawling into. It was dark, dusty, and always had spiders. Gross. Please note, this picture was taken after I moved all my storage out of the space. It was so messy, I wish I would have taken a picture to share, but I forgot. If you ever thought I was a clean person, those thoughts would have quickly diminished if you had ever seen this space.





Now the door opens to some lovely shelves, and new lights, and new flooring. It's not finished space, but it's a million times nicer than it was.

 This is the new closet that Caleb built in the space for the bedroom. It's huge and I love it. It's almost finished and ready for our new house guests coming in a week!






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updates

Calvin had a bad day