Shelby is five!

This year Shelby decided that she wants a My Little Pony party. So I looked up party ideas online and found a lot of rainbows. She helped me pick out the food and decorations and we spent a day putting it all together. She mostly bossed me around. 

Our first project was easy, the main cake table. We used construction paper to make her name, paper tissue for the flowers, tulle for the rainbow, and of course some pony decorations.
 We made our own rainbow marshmallows that look and taste like peeps. Absolutely adorable and horribly disgusting to eat. You just wet the marshmallow, then wipe it down, roll it in sprinkles, and eat! Shelby and Calvin both got to help make them and mostly make a huge mess.
 Shelby wanted me to fill the house with rainbows, but I managed to talk her down to just these flowers and rainbow back drop.
 Both of the kids helped fill up the piƱata with candy. Funny enough, this thing barely holds any candy. I guess it's just the wrong shape. So we had extra candy around for the sugar coma.
 Shelby also wanted all the food to be rainbows. I did what I could but we had meatball sandwiches and I wasn't really sure how to make that look like a rainbow.

 We played a rainbow bean bag toss game that my mother brought. It was hilarious.
 Then comes the best part, breaking the piƱata.



Shelby starts pre-school this week at Sprague High School. We went to the open house and she never wanted to leave. Calvin wanted to stay too. She has been learning her ABCs and what sound each letter makes. She doesn't like letters and much prefers to do math. She loves to do addition and subtraction and any counting. But letters are not her thing. Funny enough, Calvin loves letters and he is almost better than her at recognizing them.

Shelby still likes to play dress up and be a princess almost every day. She loves to go to the doctor and sometimes I think she makes up illnesses just to get to go back. She loves to read Caleb's anatomy book from dental school and plays doctor games on the iPad for fun. I hope she never grows out of that, but I could do with less conversations about poop. Most of the games are about eating and digestion and now she's obsessed with poop. We must talk about it 50 times a day.

I love my little girl and I am so excited to watch her grow up!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updates

Calvin had a bad day