The latest with our missing third child

Many of our family members know that we are struggling to have a third child. After two years of trying, two miscarriages, and still no child, I took a few tests and started looking into it. I'm still not sure what I am willing to do and how much I want to mess with things, but the initial testing seems pretty harmless. 

So far I was just taking my temperature to track my ovulation and went in for a blood draw to make sure my hormones were normal. My temperature wasn't changing as it should and when we got the blood work back it said I'm not ovulating at all. I have no idea why that would happen but I do know that it's not normal. 

I went in to see a new doctor, because mine was gone for about a month and I am TIRED of waiting. Well the new doctor sucked. She basically said that she won't give me medication to make me ovulate because I have been pregnant 4 times in the past 5 years, so I don't have a problem getting pregnant. And there is no treatment that you can do for two miscarriages, you have to have three in a row before it's considered a problem. 

The plan going forward: to continue to get blood work every month, take my temperature every day, and take ovulation home tests. After we have not been pregnant for over one year, and I have not ovulated for 4 months consecutively, or I have had a third miscarriage, then and only then can I really get help or medication to correct anything.

Can you hear the frustration in my tone right now? Anyway, I know there are people who don't even get to have one child and I have two, so I don't want to come across as ungrateful. I love my family and I love my kids. I also feel like what is meant to happen will happen and that I am not the most patient person in the world. The doctor told me that if we gave up on "trying" we would probably have a lot less stress and sometimes that's the biggest contributing factor. Although I do believe in part of that advice, I also think she stressed me out way more than what Caleb and I have been doing. Thanks lady.

So if you see me around and I look a little chubby, it's probably due to the cookie inhalation I just endured and it's not because I'm secretly pregnant. 

Comments

Heather said…
This makes me ache for you. We love you guys and I will add your little womb to my prayers. Hugs...

Popular posts from this blog

Calvin had a bad day

Updates