Calvin had a bad day

I got a call at work from Krista, the lady who watches my kids. She said Calvin fell and hit his lip and probably needed stitches. I picked up my purse and ran out of work as quick as I could. I was on hold for 15 minutes trying to reach his doctor, which was aggravating. But once they answered I was at Krista's door and could see what was going on.
Calvin was playing in a bedroom, tripped, and fell onto the frame of the bunkbed. Which is metal by the way. The sharp edge of it too. Poor kid always falls, but usually it's the forehead that gets the brunt of it. This time it was his lip. The upper part of his gums really. You can see most of the cut here:

We finally reached his doctor and took him in. They didn't give him stitches even though it was still bleeding. It's been 8 hours now and it still bleeds when he talks, eats or drinks anything. It has not stopped him from doing his sound effects for cars and trucks so he spits blood everywhere. Of course, I wore a white shirt today. The doctor we got in to see said he may have a dead tooth or two, but that won't show up for a couple of years. Too bad Caleb wasn't around because I would have much preferred him to look instead.

After we left the doctors office I went back and got Shelby and headed to a baseball game. Logan, my nephew, had his last game and I figured the kids would like to play. Calvin got sand in his sandals and would not wear them, so he walked around barefoot. I took Shelby to the bathroom (about a mile away) and left Calvin with my sister. I came back with Shelby and could hear Calvin crying. Once I got there Rhoda said that he was walking in the grass and just started screaming. She pulled a sticker out of his foot, but he kept screaming. We realized about 5 minutes later that it was actually a sting. His foot started swelling up and turning red and we could see part of the stinger still in his foot.

I came home, gave the kids a bath and that took the rest of the stinger out that I couldn't get. Then I bandaged Calvin's foot up with cortisone cream. Shelby thought it looked cool and had to match him.

Let's hope that Calvin has a better day tomorrow. Poor kid just can't catch a break today.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Poor Calvin. It just wasn't his day. Feel better.

Popular posts from this blog

Updates

Thanksgiving 2022