8 year anniversary trip

We finally got to take our anniversary trip, one month late, but we made it. This year we did not plan a single thing except for the babysitter. We had my brother and his wife come stay at our house with the kids, and that was all we needed to worry about. Caleb and I talked about many different places to go and the morning of our trip we agreed to drive up to Seattle. We found a hotel on my phone while we were driving, and called and booked the place. Amazing all the research you can do online while driving. We stayed in downtown Seattle where all the action is. We never pulled our car out of the parking space. We walked about 10 miles every day and got to do everything that we wanted to. I shopped in the mornings while Caleb slept in. I'm not very good at sleeping in, so I did the girly stuff while he slept in our silent room with blackout blinds. We went to lots of cool shops, restaurants, motorcycle stores, hiking store, tourist stops, and just watched people. The weather was perfect and we absolutely loved it. The only thing we would have changed is that we both wish we brought shorts and sandals. I tried to buy us both some, but we didn't find anything we wanted so Caleb just over-heated. I love to be warm, so I did not mind at all.

The best thing about our anniversary is reminding us how important it is to keep our relationship solid. Just talking about the two of us, our goals, our lives, and where we are headed. We hardly talked about our kids at all, which may seem rude of us, but it was honestly about the two of us. We acted like we were just two newlyweds again and unable to keep our hands off each other. That's the way it should be. I love my man and feel renewed.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calvin had a bad day

Updates