Date night!

Caleb and I decided in 2010 we were kind of lame as a couple. We were awesome parents, but not very cool as a married couple. It seems like everything we do is about the kids, school, or work. We get our play time too, but it's not together like it used to be. We used to go snowboarding, wakeboarding, bike riding, play tennis, softball and volleyball...... Now, if we do those things, we have to tag-team. We don't do very many things at the same time. We go to the driving range to hit some golf balls and we just pass the kids to the other one and then go hit. That's not a lot time for us to talk to each other and just take time and enjoy our sports and outdoor time.

So this year, we have made it a priority. We are going out on one date every week. One week we even made it out to two dates. So far we have gone out to dinner, the movies, gone dancing, gone out for desert, gone shopping as adults should, and gone out with new friends. My brother Roger has been a huge support and he can put the kids to bed or even stay the night if we need him to. It's been really nice getting to know my husband again. We have to keep it going all year long and then maybe, just maybe, we will feel like we did before we had kids. Don't get me wrong, LOVE my kids!! I just want to make sure I am taking the time to love my husband too.

We have always been good about making time for ourselves in the evenings once the kids are in bed. We love to stay up and watch movies, but that doesn't count this year. We have to get out of the house and do something we used to do. The weather is getting better and I think we have more stuff coming our way. Wish us luck! This year is our 7th year anniversary and legend says, this is when people get bored with their routines. We are going to turn it around and make it a year that we focus on each other.

We just had a wonderful Valentine's Day and hope to have many more. Caleb made me a card like he does every year. They are always creative and funny. This year he had Shelby make me one too. We had some Konditerei black & white cake...YUM! We also went out to the Ram. It's going to be hard to find things to do in Salem compared to Portland, but I think we can make it happen. Or just drive back up to the city!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updates

Calvin had a bad day