Bye bye love, bye bye happiness

Hello loneliness, I think I'm gonna cry.......

OK, so I actually can't stand Roy Orbison. But that song is stuck in my head this month. My darling husband has taken a job down in Medford. Which means, it's the Renae show during the week. I know I'm not very grateful and I'm trying to be better. No better reminder on how much Caleb does for us than having him gone. He's living with some friends during the week and home on the weekends. He's not working full-time yet, so that's a blessing. The weekends are long and he gets to watch the kids while I work.

He really does take good care of us when he's here. Shelby misses him and asks for him every night. He always puts Shelby to bed and I put Calvin to bed. We have our little routine and now it's just off. We always do family prayer together and then he finishes Shelby's routine. I apparently can't do anything right according to Shelby. I brushed her teeth wrong (gotta brush the tongue!), I put the wrong pj's on her (needs to wear the purple ones), and I don't let her ride on my back like a horse for hours on end (it hurts my knees after 5 minutes!). Seriously, big shoes to fill Caleb. I'm glad you've spoiled our kids!

Calvin even seems to notice when Caleb is not here. He has thrown up on me twice every night this week. Calvin gets very excited when Caleb does come home and he kicks his legs as fast as he can, and then dives for a big snuggle with Caleb. I am sure it makes Caleb's day to come home to such happy kids.

I am still working full time and taking the kids to daycare when Caleb is gone. They are going to a really nice home with a family friend. She's amazing, organized, fun, and knows a lot about kids. She's flexible with our crazy schedules and the kids seem to love her house. She has a 3-year old daughter named Hannah that Shelby adores. Shelby calls her "Banana", which is close enough.

I am going through training to teach classes at the Courthouse still. It's a long process and I'm not doing it very fast. Kind of hard to find time to hit the gym right now. The weekends are about the only time I can make it.. I still get to run on my lunch breaks at work and that makes me very happy. I am finally picking up my speed again and keeping up with the boys at work. There for awhile, they were just letting me run with them because they probably felt sorry for me. But no more! I am determined to get stronger so that I don't get beat by a boy! Boy's are not as strong as girls and they know it. That's why we have the babies and all they do is..... well.... you know.

Caleb and I both gave talks at church a few weeks back and it was one of the best experiences we have had in our new ward. It came very naturally and we were flooded with great comments and made some new friends. Now we are going on a group date night this Friday. We love to meet other couples that are in the same stage of life. We had such good friends in Portland and it's hard to move, but we will start branching out here soon.

Caleb and I have been doing date night every week this year, and we even had two dates one week. That's pretty impressive for us. I am trying to make sure that there's still some time for romance and not just all about the kids. We are running Hood to Coast together this year and hope to do some mountain biking and boating together. Time to start dating my man again.

Comments

Anonymous said…
That sucks that he is so far away. Will you guys eventually move there ;(?

Popular posts from this blog

Updates

Calvin had a bad day