R2J2 2020

Rhoda and I planned a quick Utah trip to help take her daughter Paige to college and visit our cousins. Typically we get together for all of our birthdays in early August but this year with Covid we didn't think we could come at all. But by the time September rolled around the world was slightly more normal and toilet paper was available so we decided to join in the fun. We drove all day and stayed with Jocelyn's family in Highland Utah the whole time. We met up with Jessica's family almost every day we were there. They planned an awesome family reunion and we celebrated Isaac's birthday. He died five years ago now which is hard to believe. Jonah came and lifted with me a few times. Tony took us on a really beautiful hike. Jocelyn took all of us and the kids on another hike. We went to a butterfly museum and let butterflies land on us. We ate a ton of great food every day. 

I love my cousins so much and they made us feel at home when in Oregon devastating wildfires came really close to our house. The fires made the air quality really poor and Caleb told me to stay longer in Utah. Nobody could go outside in Oregon because they smoke was so thick and they were evacuating the town right next to us. I extended my trip a few days and tried not to worry about things since Caleb had it all taken care of.

On the way home we stopped by Logan Utah on the way back and stayed two nights with Eric and Wendy. It was great to see Grandpa Bob again and Jenny and the boys. We wish we had more time with them but we had been gone almost two weeks by the time we headed home. I convinced Caleb to meet me in Idaho on my way home and help me drive back. I missed him and really wanted him to see this fun bike park we found in Boise. We already went to the water park for two days but my boys were dying to ride at this new bike park they have. So he met us with the boys bikes and surprised them. We had smoke roll into Boise from the Oregon fires and it was moving towards Utah by the time we left. Since the air was getting bad everywhere we headed back home to start school. Once we got back they delayed school another two weeks because of the fires.





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updates

Calvin had a bad day