New property

Caleb and I have been searching for land since the year before we bought his dental office. We almost purchased a few houses, but never found the right one. Once we really prayed about it, we decided to buy a practice and forego our dream of land. Well, this year we decided to start looking again. By we, I mean me. I love to look for land and property. I found lots of small 1-2 acre parcels but the houses were all very expensive and terribly out of date. We would end up paying 700-800k for a house that I would want to gut. So we started looking for land we loved, but a house we wouldn't feel bad about tearing out. I found a property on Battle Creek Road that I feel in love with immediately. I was the first to contact the owners and we came and looked at the property the day after it was listed. As soon as Caleb and I came and saw the 10 acres, we had to have it. It has a small 1100 square foot house that is 50 years old and not updated. It has two bathrooms (one includes a washer and dryer), two tiny bedrooms, bird wallpaper, and a leaking roof and fireplace. We wrote an offer a few days later and they accepted a few days after that.

During the process we had to pay to get a water study done to be sure we could build a new house where we wanted to on the property, do some bids on the driveway that is atrocious, and get some inspections to see what we were dealing with for the sewage system. After three months of going back and forth, we negotiated an extra 30k off the land price and bought the property for $520k. Caleb and I agreed during this process that we would maybe rent out the tiny house so that the property wasn't vacant and keep our current home on Genesis.

After we signed papers, August 31 at 6 am, we went up to the temple to be with Logan and Chase for their sealing. As we were in the temple, Caleb tells me he thinks we need to move into the tiny home and sell our house we live in now. He said it would be cramped but we could save money and use the money for our current home to build our future home. I really wanted to say no, that's not what we agree on, but he was sincere. It's not very often that Caleb has strong feelings like this so I knew to take him seriously. After a few days of hesitation, I agreed, and we listed our home. During Logan's wedding I had both Jessica and her husband Steve and their four boys staying with me for one week, and Jocelyn and her three girls. Our house on Genesis was packed with fun and a huge mess. I cleaned the whole thing in two days, had a photo shoot, listed it, and never looked back. On to the next adventure for us. Let's see how long it takes to sell the house. Maybe it won't sell and I'll never need to move into the tiny house!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updates

Calvin had a bad day

Love/hate life