Transfer and implantation

On Thursday May 25 we had the transfer of the embryo. I have been a nervous wreck and hardly able to sleep for the last week. Caleb keeps saying very positive things about how excited he is. And I am very excited too. It's crazy to think that I could be pregnant right now. But I also have a lot of emotions on what will happen if it didn't take. The chances are better than 50/50, so that's good. And I want to be positive! So I keep acting like "unikitty" on the Lego movie, "stay positive, stay positive".

My darling sister went with me to the transfer. That morning I woke up early, cleaned the entire house like a crazy person, and then we headed to Portland. They gave me a valium which made me crazy tired. They did the fake transfer, it worked, and then the real transfer. The embryo thawed appropriately, which means it lived, and that was also something that I was super worried about. Not all of them make it through thawing but ours did!

I had to drink one liter of water 45 minutes before the transfer and not go to the bathroom. They did an ultrasound and I was too full. So they said to go pee one cup. And then stop. I've never done that before but it was so hard to stop! Holy smokes. Then after the transfer I had to lay down for 45 minutes and still not use the bathroom. When I could finally go, I thought I would burst!

After the bathroom, I had to lay down flat for two days. No standing, no sitting up, laying down as flat as I could for two days. The only time I could sit up was to use the bathroom. Rhoda came and stayed by my side. She made me lunch, fed my kids, talked to me, watched tv, whatever was needed. She's be sister in the world! Caleb was super busy with work and projects and funny enough, he didn't actually have to be there for this inception! As much as I love Caleb, sometimes I just want my sister around. And she was perfect.

Now I wait for one week and go in for blood work and we see if the embryo was able to implant where it was supposed to. I have to take it easy for this week, no exercise or anything too stressful to make sure it implants in the correct spot.

Lots of prayers and thoughts going through my head right now. For now we wait. Pass the time how we can. And just wait to see what happens.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calvin had a bad day

Updates

Thanksgiving 2022