Happy birthday to me

Caleb and I went on a glorious motorcycle ride for my birthday this year and it was fabulous. I woke up and had pedicures with my friend Jenn. Then hit the road with Caleb for a five hour ride. Caleb has wanted to take me on this ride for awhile but after my arm surgery I couldn't ride that long. But he got me some new levers, new riding pants, a new rear-end blinker and brake combo, sliders for my engine, and he lowered my seat. This man loves to work on motorcycles and I could probably talk him into any little project for my bike. He loves it.

We dropped off the kids with my mom. The kids were very excited to spend the day with Granny. Caleb was excited to spend the day on the bike. And I was excited to spend a day lost in my thoughts. It's almost like running in a way. You have to think about what you're doing, but you also get a lot of time to get in your head, or get out of your head. Caleb introduced me to riding with music this time too and it does make you want to ride faster and dance on your bike. It was fun and dangerous all at the same time.

My only request was that we went somewhere with good food, and that was not met. Not even close. I ate at Subway for lunch, which is one of my least favorite "healthy" fast food. Not a lot of food options on our trip. Even though it wasn't my favorite place, it was pretty darn good since we waited until about 3 for lunch. 

Plenty of gorgeous scenery, amazing curves in the road, and places to get a little out of control if you want to. We went from Salem to Detroit Lake, out to Estacada, back to Woodburn, Silverton, and home. We had one little issue with my bike. The new lever Caleb put on needed adjusted and my clutch was sticking. We found a bike shop that was closed an hour before but they were still inside and helped us out. The guy took about 45-minutes to help us and Caleb was trying to just take his tools and fix my bike himself, but the guy really wanted to tell Caleb what to do and how to do it. Luckily, Caleb finally convinced him, fixed it in five minutes and we were off again.

We came home, ordered food in for dinner, played with the kids, watched the sunset, and relaxed all night. Happy birthday to me. 



Comments

Anonymous said…
You are so brave. Happy Birthday ;)

Popular posts from this blog

Calvin had a bad day

Updates

Thanksgiving 2022