Dear 2013,

We have 5 new resolutions this year, and I am documenting them to see if we can make it.

1. Home for good! Caleb needs to sleep in his own bed, at his own house, and get a job in town. It's been over two years now that he spends the week away from his family and I'm over it. Done. I have threatened to move to Roseburg and sell our house, but anybody who knows me knows that's an empty threat if there ever was one. I think Salem is too small, so Roseburg is pretty much out of the question. Caleb no longer works in Medford, but he is still gone the same amount of time. I am tired of having weird noises at night frighten me, running with my kids in the jogging stroller that now weighs 120 pounds, crawling into a cold bed, and doing family prayers without him. He has had many possible opportunities that have not worked out, but it appears he has a real one now and will be home in February. Crossing my fingers on this one, and my toes! Please come home Dr. Coombs. We need you!

Here I am enlisting help on the stroller. He only ran Shelby into the curb twice.

2. Baby, baby, baby. Oh it's on. As soon as Caleb is home more often, I think we will increase the likelihood of baby #3. I will put Caleb back on the "program" that we used to get pregnant with Shelby and Calvin. Although last time he thought I was "just using him". Ha! Makes me laugh every time. What every man hates, right?

3. Organize the unorganized. Last year my resolution actually stuck with me and worked. I went through one drawer, or closet, or shelf every week and got my stuff in a good system. It is a huge improvement from where it started, but I need to keep it going. 52 weeks is not long enough. We had too many things to organize and some of it needs to already be done again because we got a little sloppy. I did very small projects every week so it was manageable. If I wasn't feeling up to it, I would do a very small drawer. And if I was in a cleaning mood, I would re-organize my whole closet. Unfortunately my closet is very small and I have to re-arrange it constantly. It's also Calvin's favorite hiding spot, so it gets messed up regularly.

4. Emergency preparedness. This is the nerd coming out of me. My job is to prepare my company for a disaster. And I guess I dealt with it so much at work that I forgot about my own home. We have a generator, gas, food, water, lanterns, flashlights, and lots of other good stuff in case a disaster hits. But we need to go through it again, replace what's expired, and get more. I always want to have extra of everything because anybody who has lived in Salem long enough knows that if snow or ice hits, so do the grocery stores and you can't get anything. Let's see what we can add to our list this year.

5. Date me please. Caleb and I started a date night tradition every week awhile ago and it's still going strong. Usually Friday nights, and we want to continue this tradition. We spent most of the dates on our motorcycles this summer, but now we are back to movie and dinner dates.



Comments

deonthemom said…
I love this post! Good luck with the Baby Making!
Daisha said…
You are adorable Renae! I hope 2013 is your happy year and all your dreams come true!
Heather said…
Perfect resolutions! I say use that man, wear him out and date him as hard as ya can! ;) Baby wishes are being sent your way!

Popular posts from this blog

Updates

Calvin had a bad day