Sick kids



Both of my kids were so sick for two weeks straight! The doctor said they both have croup. What is that? Good question. It's when kids cough and it sounds like a bark. Then after they cough, they gasp for air and you think they can't breathe. Both of my kids also threw up many times over the past few weeks. If they run and play too hard, look out! They slept with us in our room for the worst nights because we were worried they could not breathe very well. They couldn't really take any meds, and just needed a humidifier and cold air on them. They were tested for mono and some other stuff too because they have high fevers, no energy, no appetite, and are just laying around. Shelby got her blood drawn and she watched them do it. She loved it. She keeps asking to go back to the doctor. I think it's because she got a popsicle and a sticker, but it could have been the needle. She can't stop talking about them taking her blood. She definitely gets that from her dad. No possible way she got that from me.

The good news is that both kids are on the mend. They are finally keeping down liquids, starting to run around more, and staying awake for most of the day again. It is always nice to have my kids cuddle with me all day. It reminds me of when they were tiny little babies and they snuggle right up.  However, I'll take a healthy kid over a sick kid any day. It breaks my heart to know they feel awful and there's not much we can do for them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Updates

Calvin had a bad day