Does this diaper make my butt look big?

I am afraid Shelby's doctor has given her a complex about her weight. She is what we like to call "big boned". Now she won't even leave the house with out trying to squeeze into her size 12 month clothes. I keep telling her that it's OK to wear 18 month old clothes, even though she's only 8 months old. But she won't have it. I've caught her trying to spit up her food, pretending to swallow but really she's just filling her cheeks with food, and even doing squats and push ups multiple times a day.

It all started with her 8 month check up. The doctor said, "Wow Shelby, you're weight is steadily increasing but your height is relatively the same". Then he tells me she really DOESN'T need to have middle of the night feedings. And how about her head- it's the average size of a 2 years old head. Here are the stats:

Height: 17 inches, 47th percentile
Weight: 21 pounds, 87th percentile
Head: 18.5 inches, still off the chart


Let me know if you guys have any tips on how to grow in height and not in width. Actually, I could use the tips too, not just Shelby. I think we all know that Caleb and I aren't the tallest people around. Anywho- here are some of our favorite pictures that Caleb took of Shelby eating flowers:




Comments

Unknown said…
This post is hilarious. What kind of society to we live in where even a 8 month old has a complex about her weight?...shameful. (my favorite part was when you said you told her it was o.k. to wear 18 month clothes). Thanks for making me laugh
Unknown said…
I think she looks just perfect! What beautiful pictures, you could totally win a baby contest with those!

Popular posts from this blog

Updates

Calvin had a bad day