I finished my first full marathon today! I almost didn't get to run the race because traffic was such a nightmare in downtown. I knew the streets would be blocked off, but i didn't expect to run a mile before the marathon started. I could not find the packet pick-up location and it ended up being about 10 blocks from where I was dropped. I started the marathon late which meant I didn't get to run with people who ran the same pace as myself. I ran with the 6 hour pace group which are mostly walkers. So I passed a lot of people, but it was very congested. I ended up finishing the marathon in 4 hours which was my goal. Caleb was my hero and helped me get to the marathon in the morning. He then met me at two different locations with new socks! It was so exciting seeing him waiting for me cheering me on. It makes  huge difference to have the support on the race day. Around mile 16 I started to get really stiff and slowed down quite a bit. By mile 22 my right knee would hardly bend at all. It just got very stiff and felt like it turned to stone, but I did not want to stop!! The last three miles of the race felt like ten miles. I was really lucky with the weather today too. No rain, limited wind and beautiful skies. The view was incredible over the St John's Bridge. There were at least 12 live bands around the course and tons of water, gummy bears and sports drinks. My favorite part of every race is seeing the small kids on the side of the road with their "Go Mom" signs. I have been laying around today eating food, drinking lots of water and I'm ready for bed. That was my seventh race in the past 8 months and I am ready for a break now. Time to get ready to snowboard!! Thanks to everyone who encouraged me into doing the race. It means a lot to me to have the support!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Calvin had a bad day

Updates

Thanksgiving 2022